Free Things to do in Olathe
Some related activities in these locations will incur fees for participation.
Black Bob Park
14500 W. 151st St. Olathe, KS 66062
- Picnic shelter, restrooms, playground, basketball, bike/ pedestrian trails, baseball, softball, soccer, fitness course, fishing, aquatics center, miniature golf, and batting cages.*
- *Some realated activites incur fees for participation. See Olathe Parks and Recreation website for more details.
Ensor Farm Site and Museum
18995 W. 183rd St. Olathe, KS 66062
(4 mi. south of Olathe, 1 mile east of 169 Hwy)
- Home of Marshall Ensor, an Olathe teacher and pioneer in amateur radio, this 1892 farm house displays antique furniture, utensils, clothing, quilts, and ham radio equipment.
- Farm also includes a 1890s barn constructed with roughsawed lumber and wood peg beams, picnic facilities, and other structures.
- The Ensor Museum is open to the public for guided tours during the months of May, June, September and October on Saturday & Sunday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- There is no charge for admission to the museum, however donations are gladly accepted.
Ernie Miller Nature Center & Park
909 N. Hwy 7 Olathe, KS 66062
(K-7 Hwy and Harold St.)
- Enjoy this 116-acre park with three hiking trails, a nature center, and an outdoor amphitheater.
- The nature center ¬features a wildlife viewing room, 500-gallon aquarium, and nature displays.
- Events and educational programming available throughout the year.
- Meeting rooms and grounds available for rental.