The Nina von Maltzahn Global Touring Initiative of the Curtis Institute of Music, Performing Stravinsky’s ‘L’Histoire du soldat’ and more
A thrilling tale of trickery and magic, Igor Stravinsky’s L’Histoire du soldat (The Soldier’s Tale) comes to life through an ensemble of musicians from the Curtis Institute of Music.
The program, designed for audiences in North America, also features works by Penderecki, Poulenc, and Curtis alumnus Viet Cuong.
Repertoire includes (subject to change):
– Well-Groomed for solo snare drum – Viet Cuong (b. 1990)
– Sonata for clarinet and bassoon, FP 32a – Francis Poulenc (1899–1963)
– Duo Concertante for violin and double bass – Krzysztof Penderecki (1933–2020)
– Commissioned Work for Curtis on Tour – Title TBD – Nicholas DiBerardino (b. 1989)
– L’Histoire du soldat (The Soldier’s Tale) – Igor Stravinsky (1882–1971)
Curtis performers team up with beloved actor and narrator John de Lancie, who voices the characters, award-winning performer David Shifrin (clarinet ’71) and prominent recitalist Soovin Kim (violin ’99).