The Academy of St Martin in the Fields is one of the world’s finest chamber orchestras, renowned for fresh, brilliant interpretations of the world’s greatest orchestral music.
Program (subject to change):
– Johann Sebastian Bach: Brandenburg Concerto No.3 in G major BWV 1048
– Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach: Cello Concerto in A major No. 3
– Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Adagio and Fugue in C minor K.546
– Arcangelo Corelli: Concerto Grosso in F major, Op. 6 No. 2
– Francesco Geminiani: “La Folia” 12 Concerti Grossi after Corelli’s Violin Sonatas
– Henry Purcell: Chacony in G minor, arr. Britten