Join us for a presentation from Natalie Bright with Bright & Carpenter Consulting, the Chambers legislative consultant, for an update and wrap-up of this years Kansas Legislative Session and changes that may impact your businesses or employees. She will also briefly highlight the Fall 2022 elections and issues that may be a force in the upcoming session as well.
What makes Olathe HR Roundtable meetings unique is the degree of topic-driven discussion. Therefore, come prepared to learn but also share. If you have questions or first-hand experience around the topic of the month, we encourage you to attend and participate!
Pre-registration is required as space is limited. There is no cost to attend if you “B.Y.O.Lunch” however please register and pre-pay for catered lunch, $15.
For better service, Tax Exempt Members should give lunch payments to Mary Barrios at (913) 764-1050 or email@example.com.
What is the HR Roundtable?
- We offer a unique environment for human resources practitioners to explore related best practices, emerging trends, and workplace issues with their peers on a monthly basis.
- Meeting registration opens two weeks prior to the event date and catered lunch registration ends the Friday before the meeting date. Complimentary Pepsi beverages are always available.
- Payments for catered lunch are accepted online only. Cancelations must be received by 5 p.m. on the Friday prior to the event.
- Space is limited to 30 people. A waiting list will be maintained as needed and individuals will be contacted if space becomes available.
- The Olathe HR Roundtable offers human resource practitioners of member organizations a forum to discuss and share related best practices, emerging trends, and workplace issues. The main purpose of the roundtable is to create a unique environment where information can be shared in an open-exchange format that is collaborative, engaging, and valuable to represented organizations and the HR profession.
Who is it designed for?
- The HR Roundtable was created as a networking and problem-solving opportunity for human resource practitioners who are directly involved in the personnel and hiring process of their organization (i.e. HR managers, recruiters, benefits specialits, payroll administrators, etc.). Small business owners and office managers often benefit from participating in these monthly meetings, as well.
Can vendors attend?
- Due to limited space and because of the nature of the topics that are openly discussed by the HR practitioners, some attendance restrictions do apply. Thus it is crucial to the group’s success that attendance is restricted to "vendors" (identified as people who work in a "non-HR role") who provide uniquely human resources services and/or products.
- Up to five seats will be reserved for vendors representing a relevant product or service may attend each meeting, with only one representative per business or organization each month.
- Vendors are often seen as the “solutions experts” to the questions and concerns pertaining to the month's topic; therefore vendor input is welcome while “sales messages” are not. Vendors, along with all attendees, are encouraged to utilize the lunch and networking portion to meet others in the room.
- To determine the appropriateness of vendors attending, Chamber staff will evaluate several factors, including their relevance to the employment situations that the HR practitioners face in their day-to-day jobs (i.e. vendors who provide payroll services, pre-employment testing, staffing assistance, training, benefits, etc.); training or unique qualifications directly relating to the topic of the month (i.e. college representative, benefits expert, employment law specialist, government agency, corporate consultant, etc.); and membership status.
Can non-members of the Olathe Chamber attend?
- One representative of a non-member organization is welcome to attend one meeting a year.
Can vendors make presentations to the HR practitioners that attend?
- Vendor-led discussions or presentations are at the sole discretion of the Olathe Chamber of Commerce staff.
- This is a "no sales" environment in order to preserve the dialogue and integrity of the meetings.
- Topics are organized and facilitated by Shannon Latham. If you would like to submit a question or special request, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond ASAP or you may call the Olathe Chamber (913) 764-1050.