Whether it’s to live, work, learn, shop or play, you are sure to enjoy the many big city adventures and small town escapes that Olathe has to offer. With a population of more than 130,000, Olathe is one of the fastest growing cities in the nation (U.S. Census). The community is the state’s fifth largest city and a suburb of the Kansas City MSA.
Despite its phenomenal growth, it retains a hometown flavor with a quality of life second to none. In fact, it has been ranked as among the “Best Cities” in which to live (Money and Forbes magazines and RelocateAmerica.com). Citizen responses to surveys (DirectionFinder) rank Olathe among the top performing cities in the region in resident satisfaction.
Ask Olatheans why they choose to live in this community, and they will cite many of the following reasons:
- Nationally-recognized schools
- Safe, friendly, affordable neighborhoods
- An excellent business and industrial climate
- Outstanding stores, restaurants, hotels, and other businesses
- Abundant parks, recreational, and sports opportunities
- Attractions that range from historic to cultural and retail
- Close proximity to Kansas City and all the amenities it has to offer
- Transportation systems and a central location that make Olathe easily accessible by highway, air, and rail
- Great accessibility to Kansas City via Interstates 35 and 435, U.S. Highways 56 and 169, and state Highways K-7, K-10, and K-150
- Santa Fe and Burlington Northern main lines and located near the new BNSF Intermodal facility
- Near Johnson County Executive Airport and New Century AirCenter
- An easy 45-minute drive to Kansas City International Airport
- A high-tech community, Olathe was chosen by Google Fiber to deploy an ultra-high-speed, fiber-to-the-home network in the city
You will find that Olathe is one of the most vibrant communities in the metropolitan area. We invite you to discover all Olathe has to offer!
Print copies of Olathe demographics and the Johnson County Advantage publications are available.
To request your copy of either publication or a demographic packet, please email us!